Expressions of Interest for Professional Artists for Imprint 2012
Imprints is a contemporary art project designed to create and exhibit a new, innovative and exciting collection of thought provoking, interdisciplinary work that embraces the Central Coast Community. Connecting place and identity; individual stories from today and yesterday, telling the stories, memories and oral history that defines our region in a contemporary way.
This project is inclusive of our indigenous, multi-cultural and intergenerational community.
The Project is conducted in five distinct phases consisting of:
- Artists working with the Regional Community Creative Producer (RCCP) and local communities to collect oral stories, asking general public and community elders to share their story: August 2012 ( 7 days in 7 locations in a caravan across the region.)
- Artists and RCCP to go through stories and choose 7 to develop. September 2012
- A residency that consists of 14 days (2 days and one night in each location) across the Central Coast to tell the 7 stories.
- Post production of the 7 stories. September 2012.
- Presentation to the community of the new works produced. October 2012.
We are looking for two professional artists;
- One Indigenous artist and one non-Indigenous artist.
- You are a professional practising contemporary artist.
- You have previously exhibited in recognised galleries / art institutions / on-line.
- You have experience / working in one or more of the following disciplines: video, film, photography, composing and audio production.
- You have experience in storytelling.
- You have experience working collaboratively.
- You have experience working with the community.
APPLICATIONS: To Include: a cover letter, outlining your experience in the selection criteria listed above, CV and three examples of your work. Format to provide examples of your work: Audio, youtube links, show real (short clips), JPEG or PDF images. Please title your art work, describe process involved and provide reasons for choosing your examples.
To be addressed to Liz Carter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions due by: 20th of July 2012